Equine Polysaccharide Storage Myopathy (EPSM) and Thomas Equinas

This blog serves to chronicle my day to day struggles dealing with this metabolic disorder and how it effects my soon-to-be 13 year old dressage horse.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 44: Better!

Today the weather was almost exactly like yesterday, but when I brought Tom in he was half asleep. No problems tacking him up and he sauntered into the arena like an old pro. Richard was outside working with a circular saw and that didn't even bother him. He warmed up well and we worked on some shoulder ins and haunches in and simple changes, even on a circle. Got one super-good change left to right and generally good stuff.

As I was cooling him out, Penny came in with her mare and told me that yesterday afternoon she set out to ride her big draft cross, Sobe. He is normally very mellow, but she said yesterday he was high as a kite. She didn't dare get on him because he was so "up". She said there have been some bear sightings around their place, so maybe that's what had these guys going yesterday. So, while I was thinking about plugging Tom's ears, maybe I should have been thinking about stuffing Vicks up his nose! Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment